Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy with Tuesdays

It's been three weeks since the switch on therapy day and I am still very pleased with the change.  In both terms of day and time, it's made a huge difference in how I feel and respond to my session.  For one thing, having it on Tuesday means the beginning of my week is fuller, but the rest of the week is pretty smooth.  This is very nice for me.

Changing from ten to eleven is even better. It gives me some time to relax in the morning. I'm not rushed about my shower or hair and makeup . . . such as it is. I have time to eat some breakfast and get some caffeine in my system. And I likes me some caffeine!  Seriously, I do. I really dread the day the health Nazis try to take away our caffeine.  Joykilling bastards.

Anyway, not only am I more relaxed, my therapist seems to be as well. Then again, this is an hour later for her too. She's had more time to get her day started and be ready for whatever level of nutso I bring to the party.  It seems to be changing the nature of how we approach things.  I've noticed we've been more task-oriented, which I think is working well for me.

The only downside seems to be the heavy traffic I have to deal with when I leave. It's noon so everyone is out trying to get something to eat . . . and get it fast. Even this isn't such a problem though, as there are any number of routes I can take from therapy to home. If one is busy, I just switch directions.

When I get home, I usually have a couple of hours to reflect on the session before getting social with others. This is proving to be helpful as well, because I think I need the absorption time. Too often, it seems like I walk out of therapy and just don't think about what we did for a few days.  Reflection only an hour or so later is probably a good thing.

And if you're reading this and thinking that it's a waste of a post and why should BHB care about something so simple as a change in schedule, allow me to explain.  You see, for people who have spent most of their lives thinking they make bad decisions or stupid decisions or, worse, no decisions at all, trusting one's own judgement is difficult.

If you're someone who is in that position, take the time to really be proud of yourself when you make changes to your life or make decisions that are the RIGHT ones. Applaud yourself for looking at your problems and coming up with good plans for how to solve them. Once you get into the habit of acknowledging your excellent choices, you will begin to trust yourself again.

And isn't that a glorious idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment