Saturday, February 11, 2012

To Have Such People In It

Most of the time, I'm rather disenchanted with the world. I think a lot of this has to do with how I let myself pay attention to other people, a thing I should be more selective about doing.  Quite often, I find myself dealing with ignorance, pettiness, disinformation, and just downright bullshit.  I try to let it slide.  I try to find irony in it. I try to remember that one should pay no attention to those who are just trolling for attention.

It gets disheartening though.  The hateful bullshit gets to me, as much as I don't want it to.  I try to forgive and remember everyone's just on their own path . . . but I really wish those paths were farther away from me. Yeah, even farther than that.  I fall into the ennui. I fall into the despair of it all.

But then . . .

There are moments in my life when I see things other people have done and it just fills me with giddy pleasure at the creativity of humans. These moments are, I truly believe, the reason why I don't go around finding ways to poison others.  Oh, I keep forgetting the authorities read my blog. Hey, feds. S'up? *wink*

Certain songs do this to me and I don't even mean the deep ones.  My best friend and I were listening to The Buzzcocks the other day and I was shithappy as hell about how amazingly creative people can be.  I love wit. I love a good turn of phrase. I love a jolting, perfect guitar riff.

Tonight, one of those moment happened again. I was watching RuPaul's Drag Race and there is a goth queen on there.  Her drag name is Sharon Needles. HOLY FUCK! That's just glorious!  It's the best goth drag queen name ever.  I love it to pieces and I want her to win and I'm so happy she shared her wit with the world.

Thanks, Sharon Needles. That was really damned sharp of you!

Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment