Saturday, August 24, 2013

Back in Play

Hi there.

I feel like that is the first thing I should say, considering I've kept myself emotionally absent from the blog for a while now. I know that 30+ days was a long time for me to go without actually discussing my usual stuff. In many ways, I felt somewhat cut off from all of you. See, I really do feel a connection between my writing and you. It means a whole lot to me.

At the same time, I just needed the break. This summer has been stressful and it's coming at the end of a stressful Spring, as you well know, possibly the most stressful Spring I've had in many years due to the tax thing. I needed some time to do something constructive with the blog, something that wasn't a constant repeat of "it's hot" and "my life is sucky right now." It's summer. You've been with me during several summers now. You know that it's hot, I'm miserable, the cats have fleas, and it's still hot.

So with the exception of the night Salem died, I resisted the urge to complain or whine about what was going on. It's been good for me to do this. I've read repeatedly that one of the best ways to keep yourself out of feeling negative all the time is to practice and focus on NOT being negative. This isn't easy for me because I grew up around two of the most negative people in the world. Complaining was basically their default speech pattern. I don't want to be that way.

So what has happened with me in the last month that was good?

  • I've had some really great visits with friends.
  • I saw some wonderful movies and due to one of them, developed a fascination with looking at marigolds. 
  • I successfully played my flute in front of others.
  • I started listening to Welcome to Night Vale.
  • I successfully made some knot jewelry.
  • I found some new music.
  • I thought of a great gift to make a friend.
  • I wrote some fiction.
Anyway, like I said, it's good to be back to the usual way of things. I'm glad I did the challenge, but it's time to go back to my usual random discussions. I've missed my usual voice and I've missed connecting directly to my readers. Love you guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment