Friday, August 23, 2013

Game of Thrones 30 Day Challenge: Day 30

Day 30: Who wins the game?

To me, it's less about who sits on the throne and more about who is actually making the real decisions in  the realm. I have some theories about that. I'm not sure how they will pan out, but at the current moment, this is my thinking on the matter.

On the Throne: King Jon Targaryen, First of his Name. I do believe that Jon is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. In the end, even Dany will realize that her older brother's son has a better claim to the throne than she does. She'll either marry him or go back to Essos to free everyone there. Either way, I believe her path is with her dragons more than it is staying in one place. She's never really done that and I don't think she'd be good at it.

Hand of the King: Lord Tyrion Lannister. Tyrion is the only person who ever proved somewhat good at being Hand of the King. Tyrion and Jon get along really well anyway, so I think this is an awesome fit.

Lord Commander of the Kingsgaurd: Lady Brienne of Tarth. My hope for Brienne is that she knocks boots with Jaime and gets pregnant. Maybe they even get married about it. It's highly unlikely that Jaime and Cersei will survive to the end, but I would like for some part of Jaime and Brienne's love to continue on. Anyway, Brienne will raise the kid, but not let that interfere with her duties as Lord Commander. It will be an unusual arrangement, but it's a good time for change and Brienne is probably the only person who can inspire the Kingsguard to clean up.

Master of Coin: Lady Sansa Stark. It would be only fitting that Littlefinger's student takes Littlefinger's place on the Council, hopefully after she kills him.

Master of Laws: Princess Arianne Martell. I can only believe that GRRM decided to introduce Arianne into the game as late as he did for a good reason. Arianne is kind of a loose cannon, but she has a lot of potential. Her coup with Marcella humbled her a lot and she does have her father's cleverness. I also think that Arianne is a good romantic interest for Tyrion. They're about the same age and enjoy the same kind of kink.

Master of Whisperers: Lady Arya Stark. After everything Arya has gone through, I can't think of anyone who would be a better spymaster than her. I think she'll serve the position well and bring a new level of straightforwardness to it that others in the past have lacked.

Master of Ships: Lady Asha Greyjoy. Despite being from the Iron Islands and having Balon for a father, Asha actually has a lot of sense. Other than Davos (who I think will either offer to be buried with Stannis when he dies or end up advising a certain young Stark lord), she's really the only person who understands the seas AND isn't insane.

Grand Maester: Samwell Tarly. I don't think that Jon would trust anyone else from the Maesters other than Sam. I think Sallara will end up ruling the Maesters in Old Towne and Sam will work with Jon from King's Landing. Their friendship has been the foundation for a lot of stuff over the years and I think this would be the strongest way for that to continue.

Let's see......

Lord of Winterfell: Rickon Stark
Lord of River Run: Edmure Tully and then his kid
Lord of Storm's End: Gendry Baratheon, legitimatized by Jon
Lord of the Eerie: Robert Arryn
Lord of the Reach: Willas Tyrell
Princess of Dorne: Arianne. She can do both
Lord of the Iron Islands: Asha's baby, with Rodrick Harlaw as a gaurdian
Lord of the Westerlands: Tyrion, again, he can do both.
Lady of Dragonstone: Dany

Anyway, that concludes my 30 days. Tomorrow we'll get back to my usual stuff. This has been a lot of fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment