Saturday, April 1, 2017

Fixing Things

I thought we'd had enough issues going on, but apparently, that wasn't the case. When the water bill came today, it was far higher than it should have been.  Looks like the pipes are finally going and leaks are starting. I'm holding out hope that when I call the water department on Monday they'll say it was an error, but I doubt it. I knew the new pipes were a thing that was going to have to happen.

The gas thing got crazy and more stressful than I should have allowed it to be. I've decided to be chill about the water pipe replacement and embrace the idea that it's going to be one big complicated bastard of a project. It seems safer for my mental health than stressing over every little detail of shit I can't control anyway. I don't need that. No one does. I'm not going to think about the 'what ifs' I don't want to discuss them, and I don't want to hear about them. If I can do nothing about the situation, I am just going to let it go.

My roommate is improving. He is eating better than he has been in over a week and he is able to sleep. It's always ironic how the things we need to do in order to get past an illness are the very things the illness keeps us from doing. I'm really in awe of how well he's doing now as opposed to the day he was admitted to the hospital. I will always be in awe of the healing capacity of the human body.

This next week will involve appointments, bill paying, and now this water issue. I was hoping for an easy, peaceful week but it looks like that won't be happening. Oh well. As I said, there is nothing I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment