Friday, April 21, 2017

For Once

It was storming earlier and as always, I warned the people I was chatting with that I could, at any moment, disappear. Between my bad internet service and the crappy electrical lines, it's almost a given that I'll lose communication during a storm.

That didn't happen tonight. Instead, I was watching out the window because some car was making a lot of noise. I could see my neighbors lights on . . . and then suddenly, I couldn't. The power went out on the block below us. The suddenness of it was spooky.

It was also really shocking because it wasn't my house. In fact, I looked around to make sure I wasn't just imagining things were still on.

For a moment, I considered calling to report the outage but then I remembered they always ask for the account number of the house where the outage has happened. That kind of sucks because what if no one had the means to report? I get that is unlikely these days, but it's still possible.

Anyway, I would like to note that for once, my power didn't go out during a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment