Saturday, May 20, 2017

May Box: Item One

So in the midst of all the pain and grief of Rowan leaving us, I got my first Sephora Play! box. It's a ten dollar box and you get five things out of it. Two bucks per item is cheap even for the cheapest of makeup and these samples are by no means cheap makeup. In most cases, it's enough to hold you for a while and it's the only way most people would ever be able to see how they like these things. I would rather fork over 2$ for a product and find out I didn't like it than spend 120$ and hate it.

The first item out of my box was trèStiQueHighlight & Perfect Multipurpose Stick. This highlighter stick usually retails for about 34$.  It's a stick highlighter for brightening up those places that need to shine. I'm not super happy with most stick highlighters because my skin does not receive them well. My face likes powders more. This isn't the fault of the product. This is my skin.

I did think it went on more smoothly than the other highlighter sticks I've used before and I like that it doesn't shine too much. I also think it worked really well on my lips. What impressed me the most about the sample was the packaging. For one thing, it rotates up like a lipstick would. A lot of other stick highlighters don't do that. It's also a good size. Overall, other than my skin being bratty, it was a good product.

As for the job it's supposed to do, I think it worked well in that department. Highlighters need to have a balance to them. If they shimmer too much, you look overly done. If they don't have enough to them, it's really not worth the effort. This highlighter covers well and gives good results.

Would I spend over thirty dollars on it? Not personally, no, but again, that is because of how my skin deals with sticks. For someone else, who doesn't have that kind of problem, I think this would be a great highlighter.The packaging is well designed and easy to use. I realize that seems like a small detail, but we've all used makeup before that came in difficult packaging. Now if I had unlimited and funds and could spend that kind of money to just use it on my lips, I would certainly buy it. It made my lips look like honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment