Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Tinkerbell Plot

With Rowan gone, our only cat in the house is Tinkerbell. Tink came from the outside and has never warmed up to me. She's completely my roommate's cat. I get this. It's fine. Being an outside cat, she probably had bad experiences with women and associates me with that.

I'm not offended, but it does cause some potential issues for her. If my roommate passed away before her, she would have me as her only human. If she doesn't like or trust me, that would be a difficult situation.

To this end, my roommate has started the Tinkerbell Plot. Every day, he brings her over to me and has me pet on her while he holds her. If she calms down, he'll put her on the ottoman to let me continue to pet her. This usually doesn't last for very long, but it's the most receptive she's been to me.

I somewhat wonder if she's aware that Rowan's death has made me very sad and she's trying to give me what comfort she can. She knows I loved the other cats and maybe she realizes she could have that from me too.

And now I'm about to cry. I really meant this to be a cute little post about the plot, but it's making me really emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment