Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Good Place

I've been going to the new therapy place for a while now and I'm still pretty amazed by how calm and wonder it is compared to the last building. When I go in there, I relax and I'm ready for counseling. The place downtown always made me tense and put me on guard. I'm not sure much ever got accomplished there.

I think I'm getting a lot more accomplished. I find that I'm being far more open and connective with my therapist than I have in quite a while. We talked about all kinds of stuff today than we've never even addressed. It's just a very freeing place. I feel very safe and really the most important quality in being able to have effective therapy is being safe.

My point here? Location location location. If you want people to open up to you, finding the right place to do it is pretty vital.

No comments:

Post a Comment