Thursday, July 20, 2017

July Box Hair and Scent

The July box actually got here last week, but it's taken Sephora this long to update the page with all the links I need. I mean, I could have gone and looked them up myself. I could have, but let's face it there is no way I was going to do that. Too involved. The theme this month was Beauty Staycation.

I'm starting with the only hair care product this month, Briogeo Rosarco Milk™ Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray. Normally this conditioner costs around 20$ for a 5 oz bottle. I had a talk with my roommate, who knows a lot about hair, and we both agreed the basic idea of this was bogus. You really can't repair hair that is damaged. You can restore the health of a scalp. You can protect hair from more damage. However, there isn't something you put on your hair and it just goes back to being healed and unbroken.

Now, even though 'reparative' is in the name of the product when I researched it a little, it didn't actually claim to repair anything. The spray only claims to bring moisture, protect from UV rays, make things shine, and do all of that without weighing the hair down. I honestly think it would have been better to push these aspects instead of the 'repair' thing. Anything that makes your hair sleek and manageable while keeping it safe during the heat is a great product.

I like the product. It smells nice but it's hard to go wrong with something that has rosehip as its main ingredient. My only problem with it is the fact that it's a spray. Sprays are hard to gauge when you're putting something directly on your hair. Having too little goes to having too much in like one spray. My roommate suggested I just spray it into my hand. I'll do that next time because it left things a little crunchy.

The scent this month was Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume and normally you pay 130$ for the 3.3 oz bottle. I feel like this scent hit the mark better than the one from last month in terms of the theme. A citrus scent during the summer makes a lot of sense. This has lots of zestiness and freshness to it. It has bloom oranges, bitter oranges, sandalwood, amber wood, jasmine, geranium, and tonka beans.

Did it work for me? No. And I find that interesting. Not because I'm challenging the fact that it didn't work for me, but just how amazingly wrong a citrus can be for you when another one can be so right. I love fresh limes. I think there is nothing that works as well with my body chemistry as fresh lime. A close second to this is regular oranges. I don't like it quite as much as lime, but almost. I had assumed the same would work with blood oranges but I was very, very much mistaken.

The whole blood orange/other stuff mix just clashed horribly with me. It did not work at all. But that's the nature of perfumes. Some work for you and others just seriously don't.  This isn't to say I hated the scent. I thought it was nice in abstraction. It just didn't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment