Saturday, July 22, 2017

July Box Spa Items

Beauty Staycation's main thrust is a collection of masks, scrubs, and other items people use to detoxify and revitalize the skin. From what I understand, everyone got two of the various items they had up for selection. When I watched the video, I kind of wished I would have gotten the one with cucumber in it because I LOVE the smell of cucumbers. I was pretty happy with my products, even if they don't smell like the cleanest freshest of cucumbers.

In fact, the first product I'll be talking about is, by far, what I viewed as the most coveted item in the box. The boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment, retailing for 38$ (2.8 oz) is probably the thing most people would want. Charcoal skin treatments are really trending right now. I've seen a lot of people using the masks that dry on the face. I wasn't really keen on those since, well, I don't like pain.

Fortunately, this product doesn't cause pain! It really does have the consistency of pudding and washes off with ease. It's also a stripe of white charcoal and black charcoal. The black detoxifies while the white adds moisture. This keeps it from drying you out too much. I will warn you. It's messy. You'll need to be near your sink or wet wipes when you use it.

I've mostly used this on my nose. Because I have to sleep with a CPAP, my nose has larger pores. Dealing with them is an ongoing battle for me, but I think this is working pretty well. I'm not sure I would buy it at this price, because I liked the clay based mask I got the first month better. For people who are super interested in charcoal, however, this might be fun for you.

My final product this month is MILK MAKEUP Cooling Water. This gel stick sells for 24$ and just happens to be the first beauty gel stick I've ever used. I will admit, that part is weird. It's like rubbing gel deodorant on your face. I'm not sure I like that as a delivery system. You have to use more of it than you think you should and it is a little awkward. Now, having said that, once it's on your face, you don't notice it. One of the many, many unpleasant aspects of summer is when you have a heavy, hot moisturizer sitting on your face. With the Cooling Water, you get to avoid that.

Now I was excited about this product because it's a de-puffer. It has caffeine and seawater, both of which contain anti-inflammatory properties. I loved the idea of putting caffeine on my skin because it's something I truly believe in. This also has some mint notes to it, so you wake up when you apply it.

One of the things I noticed in reading reviews is that people who live in hotter climates are finding this to be more beneficial than people where the weather isn't as awful. In places where humidity isn't a factor, I'm seeing people just be indifferent to this product. People living in really humid conditions are finding this to be quite useful.

Would I buy it again? I'm a little on the fence about that. On one hand, I think it worked well for me. I did find it soothing and it helped with eye puffiness. On the other hand, as I said above, I don't like the delivery system. The gel doesn't go on well. Then again, I like it a lot once it IS on. So I don't know. I'm thinking the good outweighs the bad here.

Overall, I really loved my July box. I found the curation process to be logical and enjoyed the products I received. The mascara was a revelation and probably my favorite of the month. Everything else gave me quite a lot to think about. This is always important when I consider the art of my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment