Friday, July 13, 2018

Dumb Shipping

I needed a new massager (not that kind, you pervs!) and my roommate found one at Walmart online for a decent price. The problem was, the price was just good enough to slide under the free shipping option. He searched around for something to make up the difference and got a 2 dollar thing of chapstick.

This is where things get really stupid. The free shipping for a minimum order implies that it's a way for the store to make sure they get money enough to compensate for the free shipment. The next thing we know, the massager and the chapstick will be sent separately, so already, they're spending more money than they would make on the shipping.

Then I get the boxes in. Both boxes are far larger than the products sent. I get that you need to make the box somewhat larger to add padding, but these boxes were massive compared to what was inside them. When you consider that the shipping fee was based partially on box size, this gets even more expensive.

I mean, I didn't have to pay for it, but still. If you're going to ship two products so people meet your minimum price, Walmart, make sure you put them in the same box.

No comments:

Post a Comment