Monday, March 11, 2019

Steps

Okay.

I almost hesitate to even post about this as it may jinx me. But hopefully not.

I installed the organization app Notion as a kind of accountability journal for myself. I put two goals, only two, as what I would focus on. Then I installed a calendar on the page with checkboxes on my two daily goals.

The first goal is to make progress on my writing. Blogging does not count. Even if I don't actually WRITE something, I at least have to spend 30 minutes thinking about plots, planning, taking notes, or SOMETHING. The point being, it has to be actually focused on one of the two book ideas I am currently trying to make happen.

The other goal is to do some movement. Shoulder rehab, leg rehab, something. I want to start with ten minutes of this and work toward more as time passes.

God. I have started these goals so many times. I never keep them up. I'm trying again and I'm going to try my best to analyze why I DO NOT do them when I know I should be.

There may be days when I don't feel like it, but I'm going to try and push anyway. Even if I just write crap for 30 minutes.

Maybe Notion will make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment