Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The Million Other Things

Last night my oxygen concentrator died. They have a 24/7 call in so I had a new one within an hour of realizing I needed to have the situation handled. I was grateful for that, but still weirdly emotional.

By the time I went to bed, I was in full out depression mode. I felt horrible and hopeless and saw no point in anything. I knew it was depression, but it still wasn't fun.

I woke up around 5 because I needed to use the bathroom. While awake, I realized just how senseless that bout of depression had been. Someone brought me a new breathing machine within an hour of me requesting it. Sure, I could be upset that I need one or upset about a million other things,  but why, when there are so many things that constantly go well for me? I woke up feeling better about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment