Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The Bond

Tinkerbell will now sit on my lap. I thought this might have been a fluke the first time she did it, but she's done it quite a few times since, so I'm guessing this is part of her acceptable behavior now. It's neat that we've come to this level of acceptance.

It's also made me realize that I've been very blessed in my life. For a long time, I focused on the people who didn't love me, the ones I wanted to love me, the ones I felt should have. At the end of the day though, none of that matters. People (and animals) either love you or they don't.

Where the beauty comes in is that the people (and animals) I have shared the closest bonds with are the ones who really love me for just being me. They don't want anything beyond my ability to play with them and just talk to them. It's beautiful and enriching. I'm grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment