Monday, August 19, 2019

The Experiment

I was on this braindead loop of watching beauty hacks last night. Honestly, I think I saw the same one three or four times. Most of it was either stuff I'd seen before or things that were not practical for my life.

Then I saw this woman putting on lip balm for her tattered lips. She rubbed it on for like two full minutes, staying in each zone for quite a while. I watched her and couldn't help but wonder if I'd been putting on chapstick wrong this whole time. I just ran it over my lips. Is this something I need to change?

I tried her method. Admittedly, I didn't stay in each zone as long, but it was still more attention to the whole process than I usually grant. When I woke up this morning, my lips still felt hydrated. I mean, even after sleeping with a CPAP on and that never happens.

So I'm going to do an experiment for the rest of the month. I'll continue to do the whole longer rubbing of balm on my lips and see if it makes some kind of difference. At the very least, maybe I can finally get rid of this caramel apple stuff I'm using. It's kind of nasty, which seems unfair for something caramel apple flavored. I'll report back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment