Tuesday, January 21, 2020

More Goals


I tested out the new folding process. It worked out pretty well. I was tired by the time it was finished, but not as bad as I would have been otherwise. Let's be honest. There really was no 'otherwise' because I simply wasn't putting anything away. It's all been sitting in baskets. 


I only did one basket and it was full of Frequently Worn Clothes. Everything else is going to have to get sorted and even then, I still need to clean out about two drawers near me and make homes for the stuff in them (or toss that stuff out). 

Okay, right now I think the clothes situation is going to happen thusly:

1. I empty those other drawers.
2. I sort through the rest of my clothing. 
3. Clothing will go into categories. Worn Often. Worn Sometimes. Seasonal. Never Worn Toss. Ripped and Dysfunctional Toss.
4. The stuff I wear often will be relocated very near me.  Sometimes worn will be over there if there are room and back where it usually is if not. This doesn't bother me so much because I know that if it isn't worn that often, it won't be laundered that often and therefore shouldn't (in theory) be sitting in a basket forever. 
5.I'm hoping seasonal stuff can then be relocated to the other side of the room as well. I'm not sure yet.  Though, again, that should just be a matter of twice a year relocations.
6. Clearly, I'll not be working on most of this until after Wednesday because I don't need to keep building up my toss pile. Once I get that outside, I can start building it again. 

Past that, my goal is to just work on a basket by basket basis. One of the reasons for putting my clothes away gets so overwhelming is because I let the whole mess build. If I can just clear a basket as soon as it hits my room, then hopefully that won't be a problem. 

WISHLIST/FUTURE GOALS

1. Today I turned over one of the drawers and used it as a flat surface for folding. Having a flat surface makes such a massive difference in the end result. I won't always be able to do that and I kind of wish I could find a way around it. I used to have a fold-up table, but I can't remember what I did with it. I need to ask around.  It might be at my best friend's house. 

2. I need a new bed. In fact, the catalyst for organizing my room in the first place was to make it easier to get the new bed in there. But the mattress isn't my only issue where the bed is concerned. I would love to eventually get some kind of headboard/footboard situation going on. I have to keep my bed frame because it holds someone of my weight, but the room would look more complete with those other elements and I know some people use frames but then alternative kinds of headers and footers. 

3. This is way down the line when I have a lot more energy, but I would eventually also like to chalk paint all the furniture in my room to the same color. I love the way chalk paint and wax finishes look and that kind of vibe would work well in my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment