Sunday, January 19, 2020

The Plan

I've been kind of sort of milling around with some reorganizing/purging of things in my room. It's a slow process. In fact, a lot of it has been the smallest, most meager bits I could manage. I wasn't even sure where I planned to go with it. I just knew something needed to change.

Then I started watching Clutterbug on Youtube. She's brilliant, honestly. It's part practical tips for organization and part psychology. A lot of her ideas are very good, like getting all your organization containers from Dollar Tree because they're far cheaper than at other places.

However, one of her comments hit me like a ton of bricks and really changed my whole mindset about organization.

WHATEVER YOU USE THE MOST, PUT THAT THE CLOSEST TO YOU. MAKE THE THINGS YOU USE EVERY DAY THE THINGS THAT ARE EASY TO GRAB.

I mean....*sputters* I just.....what? Why was I NOT doing this? That's so simple. It's so fundamental. And yet, all my most used stuff in my bedroom is like on the other side of the room. All the storage space near me is being taken up by things I rarely touch or need.

So this is the new plan. Everything is being relocated according to importance. I'm not going to group every shirt I own together. The ones I wear often will be near me. The ones I only wear at 'fancy times' will be farther away. My favorite undies will be close. The undies I keep around if I need them because the others were somehow destroyed will be farther away.

I honestly think this is going to make a huge difference. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment