Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year's Day 2020

I did not eat black-eyed peas today. This may doom me for the year, but my stomach just could not take them today. I think the NYD gods will forgive me just this once.

This is a quote from my blog this time last year:

Five years ago, I stated that I wanted my new year to be one of purging and ended up almost bleeding to death from my uterus and then had to have it removed. Ever since then, I've been careful about how I phrase things on New Year's Day.

With that in mind, I want this year to be one where I savor things. I want to really love my cats and love my art. I want to laugh and nuzzle and spin stories to entertain others. I want to make lots of good decisions that lead to good results.

I also want to get through my stash of yarn.

Yeah, I think I did mostly NONE of this. I did make some good decisions that lead to good results, but the yarn stash is still here and I didn't nuzzle or spin as many stories as I should have. I did, however, nuzzle and spin some.

So this year, what do I want to accomplish?

I want to continue the experiment that I am not discussing on the blog as of yet. I want to STILL work on that yarn stash. I want to slowly try to get my house into a cleaner, more organized, and safer state. All of this will have to happen on a 'as I can' basis. I'm going to forgive myself if only a little progress is made.

I am hoping this year is simple and easy. I'm hoping things just smoothly sail along. I'm hoping my mental state stays stable. I'm hoping I don't spend days scared.I'm so very, very tired of being scared all the time.

I will eat my black-eyed peas tomorrow.

Edit: I broke down and ate them tonight anyway. I'm SO superstitious about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment