Saturday, January 25, 2020

Slogging Along

I started the major portion of folding my clothes today. I managed to get about half of it accomplished, but I hurt and feel kind of deflated. As much as I love the look of the nicely folded things, it's difficult to make it happen with my large clothes. They don't quite work the same way. It's frustrating. However, I'm going to do my best to figure it out.

The problem with doing this the way I am, slowly, accepting my limitations, and embracing the process, is the best path for me, but the slowness of it can be frustrating.

It's okay though. The room deserves a good going over and I deserve a clean, functional room.

I think somewhere along the line, that last fact escaped me. It isn't just about 'cleaning your room/house/what have you BECAUSE you're supposed to do it' and it is a chore and hard and meh. Making a beautiful, organized, and functional space for yourself should be done because it's what you deserve.

My home should be a shelter and a sanctuary. It should have a peaceful, happy energy. My room should be comforting to me. These are things I deserve. These are things everyone deserves. The trick is, I have to make it that way for myself, not just wander around feeling guilty about how messy everything is.

No comments:

Post a Comment