Thursday, October 21, 2021

A Good Thursday

I have a new exercise band and it's thicker and more difficult than the old one. Okay, the old one was pretty worn out and sad. The new one is strong and kinda evil so far. It hurts my feet. I'm sure we'll make friends after a while.

I read some really good stuff today. One of the many neat things about fanfic is that you can explore not only ideas about the subject matter but also how you do it. One author talked about how they don't really have the mindset to finish longer works, but they love coming up with scenarios for other people to explore. The work I read of theirs contained about 8 different 'what if' type situations and I thought a lot of them were amazing. One of them involved Feanor having seven daughters instead of sons. One involved Miriel's father and grandfather still being alive in Beleriand. She'd had more family at one time, but they've all died at this point. It's from Fingolfin's perspective and when he finds Maglor on the throne, he has these two silver-haired scary men standing by him. I really love this idea. Actually, it's a concept that JRRT toyed with, but never took anywhere. 

Overall, it was a good day for both my brain and my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment