Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Fridays

The weather continues to be an assmonkey. I've had so much trouble breathing today. I'm a little shocked I actually managed to put away laundry and stuff. In any event, hopefully this hangover from the hurricane will soon pass and we can go back to normal end of summer weather.  I'd really like for it to start getting colder. That would make me quite happy.

Despite the breathing issues, today was a fairly happy day. My slow climb up the mountain of better health is still moving forward. I accomplished some physical things I'd not been able to do before. Small things, but still important to me.

My roommate and I have been talking a lot about how when one is losing weight, every little accomplishment should be acknowledged and celebrated. If you just look at your endgame, you won't enjoy all the little tasks and goals and victories along the way.  One of the most profound statements I ever read was that happiness is not a finite resource. You don't have to WAIT to be happy until the end of your quest. You can be happy at every little gain.  In the end, you'll still get to be happy about reaching your goal. Being happy along the way will not diminish that.

Speaking of my roommate, his birthday is tomorrow. He reads my blog so I thought I would end this post by wishing him a happy birthday and hoping his year is full of more happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment