Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Good May

I would like to note that it's the 20th of May and we've yet to turn on the AC. In fact, we don't even have most of the fans out of storage. There have been some slightly uncomfortable days, but nothing serious. Tonight, in fact, it may even get cold again, at least for a bit.

This is not normal weather for the last decade of so of summer in Oklahoma though it is far more like the summers I remember from when I was a kid. It usually didn't get uncomfortable until August. June and July were usually warm, but not scorching. If we could get back to that kind of summer, I would be one quite happy woman.

This may mean more rain, but that used to happen a lot as well. May and June used to have tons of rain, enough to keep us out of drought for the rest of the summer.  Given that dry summers can lead to weeks of wildfires, I much more inclined to handling more rain.

If things keep going like this and we end up having a pleasant summer, it might just make me feel like a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment