Sunday, May 24, 2015

Small Gifts

Well, I am still alive. I won't say I'm 100% better because I am not, but I don't think the squick will kill me. I will admit that for a while there, I wanted it to. I guess I'll elect to live unless I get that ill again. Then all bets are off.

A year ago this weekend, I first spoke to the man who would remove the cancer from my body. He called me on Memorial Day weekend to discuss my case with me. It was the longest I had ever spoken to a medical professional and it gave me more hope than I'd had about this whole situation. It was an important day in my life. I think the Cancer Jitters went down to level 8 from level 97 or something. In that moment, it was really the thing I needed.

So today, I will remember and be thankful for that phone call. It was the biggest gift I could have been given and it changed my outlook on everything that was to follow. In life, we will rarely get a huge boost of strength or get a lot of bumps to get us past the obstacles. Sometimes though, just even getting a small bit of comfort is enough to make the difference. It certainly was in my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment