Monday, May 4, 2015

May the 4th Be with You

Sometimes I hate all aspects of my culture. Other times, I absolutely adore it. Today is one of those days. I think it's really cool that we made up a holiday to celebrate a fictional universe based on a pun. May the force be with you isn't exactly the same as May the 4th, unless you have some speech issues, but it's close enough.

I've loved Star Wars all of my life. In fact, some of my earliest memories are of seeing the movies and having my hair put up in buns. They were my first alt world fandom and this shaped a lot of what I would love in years to come. I've watched all the movies, debated with friends about aspects of the story, been inspired by the characters, and felt pain when they died. I think the later writing of Clone Wars is some of the best anyone has done in years, especially the story arch that involved the nature of clones and what it means to be a manufactured soldier.

And now I get to have a day where many, many other people talk about this as well. People have EVENTS on this day. It's awesome.  Happy Star Wars Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment