Thursday, May 14, 2015

Tires

Two of the tires on my van have to be replaced. I'm somewhat annoyed with this, but  not really. Tires mess up. It's the nature of tires. And it's better that I know they need replacing at my leisure instead of being on the road, possibly at some early hours. Knowing my past history with this kind of thing, it's possible they could have both gone flat at once. This has happened before.

They're more expensive than they used to be, apparently due to some new tire tax. I know that part of that goes to dispose of ruined tires, which is fine. However, that was what the old tax was doing. The newer tax must be to some other increase in that. It's certainly not going towards fixing the roads. Every road around here is awful. From what I've been told, that's an issue around the country.

A while back, someone posted a video of a nearby bridge. You could see the road moving up and down where the cracks had worn all the way through. It was pretty scary. That's probably one of the more extreme cases around here, but you never know. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment