Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Memories that Linger

The internet was out for like 13 hours yesterday. It was annoying as hell, but on the plus side, I accomplished a lot of knitting. This put me in a good place to finish out this next section (maybe) this weekend and start on the final part.

Speaking of craft things, one of the longstanding craft store supply places is going out of business. It makes me sad. Some of my earlier memories are going to this store with my grandmother. she always loved finding materials there. I liked it because I knew it was something that made her happy. With someone like her, happiness didn't always come easy.

I know I've mentioned this before, but as I grow older, I find it interesting how the memory of my loved ones is alive in what they loved. I find myself willing to let go of the pain they caused me and of the problems we had, but the moments when I would witness delight in their eyes and voices will never leave me. And the neatest part of it is how rare it was that they even said they loved these things. It was just what I observed.

I'm grateful that these are the memories that are sticking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment