Saturday, November 12, 2016

Bah

I didn't blog last night because I was too disheartened. I wrote a piece on Facebook that I honestly thought was bridge building and positive about the election. However, a lot of people who supported Trump began to make all these accusations at me because . . . well, either they can't read properly or they're just so wrapped up in their identity politics that they don't see an olive branch when it's extended to them.

I think what frustrates me the most is that there are people who give their opinions, political and otherwise, constantly. They bombard people with how they feel about things, what they believe to be correct, THEIR perspective. Their facebook pictures are political in nature. Their posts are all about politics or articles from people who reflect their perspectives. Always. Always Always.

And most people either agree with them or ignore their posts. They tolerate what they say. They maybe roll their eyes if they don't agree. If they post from some site that is too crazy, it gets blocked. For the most part, however, they go unchallenged, usually because everyone else doesn't have the time to devote to the poison.

However, let someone else post something, something they see as even somewhat threatening to them, and they are all over you. They read things into what you wrote. They go on rants about things that have nothing to DO with what you wrote. They get defensive. They get angry. It's like this never-ending pit of mud for them.

Anyway, I'm done. No more trying to talk to people or bridge divides for me. It's clearly not what people want.

No comments:

Post a Comment