Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Socially Responsible Recluse

I feel anti-social today. Deeply so. I don't want to talk to people or be around people or even know other people exist.

I think we all feel this way sometimes.  And, of course, this isn't how I am constantly, just sometimes. Like now.

It's been a hard week. The shootings in Arizona, tragic and horrible all on their own, led to the mass commentary  afterward. Instead of focusing on and celebrating the lives of those who died and hoping for the recovery for those injured, most people are spending their time wondering how this impacts the political climate. Should we ban guns? Should we stop watching certain news shows? Should we stop letting politicians appear in public? Should we do something about crazy people?

And, of course, America's biggest attention whore, that hate-mongering zombie from Kansas and his "church" of bored crazies who seem to have an endless supply if protest signs, plan on adding fuel to the fire by demonstrating at the funerals.

This is what is making me so anti-social.  The whole thing is just one mess layered on another mess.  And right now, I am deeply annoyed with almost all of these people.

But you know what? When I am anti-social and dislike other humans, I do not go out and shoot them or protest at their funerals. Nope. I stay IN MY HOUSE and away from everyone else.  This is a rather simple concept and far easier than buying guns or driving miles from home to hold up signs and be a jackass. Sit in your house, work on some project, maybe clean the bathroom, or throw out some old clothes. It's productive for you, soothing, and far more socially responsible than the alternatives.

2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed by how much effort people expend on jackassery. Where do they get the energy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is they refuse to think of any other way to entertain themselves or be productive.

    ReplyDelete