Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Organic Expressions

Went to therapy today and we talked about how I'm now blogging. It's something that she's suggested to me before, but knew I would only start when I was ready.  I explained to her, when it was first considered, that I could never blog or journal for merely therapy reasons.  It had to be more organic than that.  Blogging isn't something you should fake.

So far I've blogged everyday, which is something I guess I am committed to doing.  I'm not good with commitments though. We'll see how it goes.

I do have goals for this. Big plans.  I edited some of my pictures today because I'd thought about making a nice picture-y post.  Then I decided I didn't want that to happen. Instead, I worked on my new knitted hat (with horns) and played Facebook games. The hat turned out well-ish. I'm content with it.  I don't have a conventional sized head (or anything else) so anything I do is always part of the process of finding out what works best to fit me. The hat I like the fit on most before working on this one was 8 inches long.  It was a bit too big so I tried for seven this time. I'm thinking that is just a wee too small, so seven and a half will be the length for next time. I think that should do it.

Even though I first started making things for myself out of need (because nothing fits me properly), I find that as I get better with it, there is a deep satisfaction in designing things for myself.  I think no matter where things go with my other goals, self-created fashion will always be with me now.

1 comment: