Thursday, February 10, 2011

Eye of the Beholder

Played with the look of the blog some today. I wanted my image in it, just all big and bold and snarky. It somewhat sets the tone for everything that follows.

I'm not sure I like the new colors, but I'm really too lazy tired and cold to take it any farther than I did.  As I said, the important thing was I put the image on it.

This doesn't look like me, not really.  I'm no where near this pretty or even this thinnish, though I allude to not being thin, even in the pic. You'll notice it has not clear chin.

However, I think in my head this is how I look. And, weirdly, I think this is how I look in most people's heads as well.  Hey, this is true. You know how perception goes. Just because you rationally know what someone looks like, that doesn't mean it's how you really see them.

If you love someone, you always concentrate on their better features. If you dislike someone, you focus on flaws.  It's so, so true.

For instance, check out this list that Sid Vicious made about his wife Nancy. Most people probably laughed at this, especially considering he probably killed her.  I didn't though. Even though when most people thought Nancy was fairly nasty, Sid didn't. He loved her. And like I said, when you love someone, you mostly see the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment