Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shivering as I Type

No long life altering post today. It's just way too cold for that.  The winter has been rough (on almost everyone, from what I understand) and I think it's really starting to get to me.

As much as I love the snow, I'm tired of the isolation. When I do leave the house, it's somewhat with my life (and limbs) in my hands.  I've had to prioritize when I would go out, and that's really put a dent in my usual (if rare) activities. This means I've missed therapy for two weeks in a row and tomorrow will miss seeing my best friend.

This is wearing on me.  I am a triple Earth and I need my patterns to be followed. I've spent so much time trying to establish some order to my chaos. I need that order, however marginal it is, to help me hold myself together.

As I said, a rough winter.  There was this kind of dark banality to December that wandered into a rather robotic holiday season.  Now everything is still and stagnating under this blanket of snow.  I need my routine back.

I'll write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment