Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Day Post

I wrote a post earlier today, but I'm not sure if that should count as today's post or yesterday's post.  It's connected with what I did yesterday, but I was only able to articulate that today. Yes, I guess it does count more as yesterday's. This means you get another post tonight, if not a very good one.

THINGS ABOUT TODAY

The Bad

  • The fleas continue to try and share the house with us, if you can use the term "share" for creatures who bite you and shit all over everything. It's like living with politicians. 
  • While we do fight the good fight against the flea invaders, the pace is beginning to take a toll on my roommate and me. The constant cycle of cleaning and vacuuming and brushing cats and worrying about all of it is starting to wear us down. 
  • This is is no way helped by the knowledge that we have a very pricey car repair looming in our future. One that we cannot, at this time, afford. I'm not even sure how it will be handled, only that eventually, it will be happening. I hope we can save up the funds to pay for it before the part dies. If not, things could get ugly for a while.
  • Our usual cheap distraction, television, has been disappointing of late.  Most of the season endings were fizzles and flops. It's kind of sad when the highlights of the week are pairing an angsty Superboy with Blue Beetle and a plane crash.
The Good

  • My walk down the driveway has become my walk down the driveway two times a day. The transition has actually been a positive experience where I feel better for having walked twice instead of feeling like shit because of it.
  • I have been writing.
  • The homoerotic comic that I love to read updated with a link to another homoerotic comic that I also now love.
  • I have cucumbers and Greek yogurt waiting for me in the fridge.
  • My roommate made me laugh so hard today that I giggled for like five minutes straight.
  • I have clean towels and laundry.
I think the day balances out.

No comments:

Post a Comment