Monday, May 7, 2012

Topic Control: And How was your Day?

I suspect the person I asked to for a topic was caught off guard because they just wanted to know about my day. I'll give it my best shot, promise.

Despite the fact that today dragged on into Forevers, I managed to get a really good nap. I haven't had a good nap in a while. I'm glad it happened because all the exercise and house cleaning is leaving me tired. WOW! I actually wrote that with absolutely no absurdity in it at all! It's really true.

My roommate and I paid bills and rent, which means the majority of my money for the month is gone. I'm totally fine with that. I'd rather have the bills paid that hoard the money. As I used to be one of those people who played fast and loose with billpaying, I'm now really happy that by the end of the first week of the month, all my bills are handled.

Nap aside, today was rather exhausting.  My roommate is trimming the trees and stuff around the yard, which means there are a lot of stray limbs and leaves all over the place. I pulled some of them to the curb for pickup. I only pulled the stuff that was close and easy, but still ended up winded, hurt, and bitter. Damned nature. I also got some random and scary looking bugs on me. Fuckers.

I'll be showing up to therapy tomorrow with my chapter read, considered, and philosophized.  I'll also be able to answer "yes" when my PT asks me if I've been walking. Go me. I always dread it when she asks that and I have to say no. More than that, I hate how I always feel the need to justify WHY I'm saying no.  I need to stop that and just say no. It doesn't matter why I wasn't walking. The fact of whatever kept me from it still doesn't change the fact that I didn't. Plus, I don't walk for her. I'm supposed to be walking for me.

At the close of the day though, I'm pretty happy. Things were handled and accomplished and I managed to do what I needed to.  What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment