Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mid-July Happies

Half way through July, and I'm sitting here with a cat against my leg so that she can get warm. That's right, folks. Warm. By some miracle, this summer is turning out to be as mild as winter was. As it stands, even if the next six weeks are hot, it's still a deeply mild summer compared to the last several we have had. This is wonderful because heat makes people homicidal.

Despite the cool down, the fleas are staying away. We did the whole house vacuuming today and saw no fleas, even though part of said vacuuming happened under my bed . . . a safe haven for fleas during the rest of the year. I have no idea how people's gardens are doing, but I would assume well. Everyone seems to be in a chipper mood. For July in Oklahoma, that is almost impossible.

I remember at the end of June how I felt fairly, if in a reserved way, positive about the summer. Now that I am midway through July, I feel even better about things. It's been days and days since we even turned on the AC.  This is saving us a lot of money and, honestly, it's been the first financial mercy we've had all year.

So yeah, I'm going to count my blessings here. I can take sudden storms and brief internet outages if it means I get to sleep in comfort.  I can handle walking through the driveway with puddles in it if it means I'm not having to walk in deeply evil levels of heat. I will be content to sit in a humid room if said room is still tolerable despite the fact that my AC is off. And yes, I totally just typed "human" for "humid" and had to change it.

Whatever the case, I'm deeply thankful for the summer we've had so far.  Aside from some very unpleasant days, it's been nice.  It's almost making me enjoy the season again.

No comments:

Post a Comment