Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Dream of Spring

My weekend was nice. It's been a while since I've been able to say that, due to The Thing.  However, as I've done just about as much research as I can on the damned Thing and kind of gotten past the shock of it, I'm starting to actually function in a normal kind of way again. Well, you know, normal for me.  I'm hoping for a lot of progress this week. I want The Thing over with. At least, settled as much as it can be. I'm sick of it  hanging over my head. It needs to end. There are other things I should be doing.

My roommate wrote recently that he doesn't feel like he's accomplished much this year. I don't feel like I have either. In fact, I feel like I've only managed to keep marginally sane and research The Thing. I'm not going to be upset about that though. My roommate and I are still in mourning over Alice. You don't just lose someone you love and then just get back on with your life like everything is normal. Everything isn't normal. A loved one is gone. It takes time to adjust to this.

Though as much as I dread summer, I have to admit that I'm ready for winter to end. This was a hard winter emotionally. I think we need to be cleansed from it. I want open windows and fresh air blowing through the house. I want the winter blankets washed and put away again. I want the sky to have some other color besides gray. And, oddly enough, I would like to have sunlight past five in the evening. I just need that again because this has been too sad and too hard.

As for now, I'm going to get some sleep. I hope I have good dreams and I hope you do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment