Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Night Catchups.

I have to say that ever since I used the blog to acknowledge the issue I'm going through, I've actually been sleeping better. I'm not sure if it was just the physical act of putting my fears down on the intertubes or just finally succumbing to exhaustion. Either way, sleep has returned to me. I'm thankful for that. The issue still isn't resolved, but I have some better ideas about it. Trust me, once it is handled, there will be a full blog post about this because I don't want any of you going through this situation.

Recently, a research group in Finland found that married people suffer less heart attacks and are more likely to live through the ones they do have. It seems single people die more often from heart attacks and have more in general. I'm curious if the same holds true for people who aren't married, but share a home with others. I bet it would, because my guess (and really, the guess of the researchers) is that people with a stronger social circle are more likely to get timely medical attention if something goes wrong. I doubt that the mere fact of being married alters all that much about your heart. If anything, it seems that the stress of marriage would contribute to heart disease.

Old Man Cat is still teetering a long. He spends most of the day staying pretty close to my roommate. This isn't surprising. My roommate has been in the cat's life since he was a kitten and he probably feels the most secure when he's near him. Old age is somewhat of a scary situation for Fluffy, especially when he snags his claws on stuff. I'm trying not to think too much about the situation, because it makes me cry. Old age isn't something we can avoid though.

Between my Thing and my roommate's Thing, life has been pretty stressful for us the last couple of weeks. We're both ready for the Things to be resolved so that we can move on with our lives. I feel like I'm in limbo right now and will be until the Thing is handled and I know it's been handled without unexpected consequences.

I'm going to end this post and get some sleep. I hope everyone has a comfortable, quiet weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment