Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Yarn

I made a lot of progress on the knit project. I think I'll actually stick to my schedule for it. I know how I want it to look, but I'm going to have to do some practice with part of it. I'm planning on crocheting the boarders and it's been a long while since I've done any serious crochet work. This could either prove to be beautiful or ruin the whole damned thing. I'm hoping it doesn't ruin it.

I love knitting, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for crocheting. My grandmother taught me how and it was something that always bonded us. When I would work on something, I would always bring it over so she could look at it. In fact, the very first thing I ever crocheted (the product of when she taught me) is laying across my feet as I type this. It's the most ugly afghan ever, but I love it.

Aside from a strange skin rash, which I hope is unrelated, that has basically been my day. Any day spent in the peaceful company of yarn, however, is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment