Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Devil in the Details

Due to the issues of me being me, I missed my 666 post. I wanted to write something about the Devil when it rolled around. I had it all planned out and everything. Of course, I got sidetracked and missed my chance. Damn. I would write it now, but I'm on lost 672 or something. The moment has passed. Sorry.

I was probably too distracted by The Thing to remember to write the 666 post. Uggh, The Thing has SO taken over my thoughts. I will be so happy when The Thing is over with. Hopefully that will happen either later in this week or the beginning of next week. I'm still trying to find a viable way to handle it between then and now.

Speaking of The Thing . . . and, actually, of the Devil . . . I learned today how the old saying "the Devil is in the details" is certainly true. There was a part of The Thing that concerned me that turned out not to be as bad I as assumed it was going to be. The way to solve this part of The Thing was actually on the back side of one of my papers. Of course, it was in a place I never would have considered looking.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to find a way to calm down whenever you have a crisis. While you panic, while you are emotional, you can miss so many details, so much information. The best way to solve a crisis is to go into it with as much information as possible. You have to know your options. There is no way to know your options when you're freaking out. Your mind just won't accept them.

I realized today that the part of me that is still panicking about The Thing is doing me far more harm than good. I have to find a way to situate my mind and calm down. If I don't, I may end up missing a lot of details about how to solve The Thing. Trust me, I need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment