Monday, June 24, 2013

Auto Nonerotic Paranoia

It turns out the van only needed a couple of tired replaced due to dry rot. I say 'only,' though it still ended up costing us money that we really didn't need to spend.   I was deeply relieved that this was all that was wrong with the van.

And yet . . .

See, the van has screwed up so many times this year, I just really don't even trust that it's fixed now, not any more. It was supposed to be fixed when the radiator was screwed up and it was supposed to be fixed when the thing before that was screwed up and it just goes on and on and on with this thing.

I find myself literally shaking when I think about being in the van for too long. It shakes. It rattles. It makes scary noises that can't be described as either a shake or a rattle. Maybe a death rattle? I really don't know anymore. I just know that I dread any time I have to be in the van for too long.

I also know that this isn't the way to be about your main mode of transportation.

I also know there is nothing I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment