Sunday, June 30, 2013

800th Post

This is my 800th post. I was very careful to actually watch for this milestone, as I've been busy with my own crazy and haven't paid much attention to them for a while. It would be like, "Oh look, I actually got pask x three days ago when the house flooded with blood" or something like that. Come to think of it, that may have been a scene from a movie. But you get the idea.

I'm happy about reaching 800 posts. My favorite number is four, and 8 is 4's older, curvier sister. Four adores her, so I adore her too.

Writing 800 posts is quite an accomplishment for me. I've never kept a positive habit this long. It's really shocking that it's lasting. There have been a lot of ups and downs since I started this blog, but for all the things I may have regretted over the years, writing the blog isn't one of them. It's actually my favorite time of the day. It helps to keep me centered.

So to commemorate this achievement, I will do some lists of 8.

Eight things I love:

1. My friends.
2. Great conversation.
3. Applesauce.
4. My flute.
5. Cats
6. Books
7. Unexpected cool weather in summer.
8. Cities that never stop burning.

Eight things I want:

1. To get good enough on my flute to play in public.
2. To get my writing career started.
3. To get my health in order.
4. To bravely speak my mind.
5. To show kindness to others.
6. To make beautiful things.
7. To eventually speak at a writing con, as an author.
8. To secure my future.

Eight things I am grateful to have:

1. My loved ones.
2. My brain.
3. The stories and songs of others.
4. Yarn.
5. Cats.
6. A home.
7. People who share my humor.
8. Security.

Eight people who inspire me:

1. Carson McCullers.
2. P. C. Hodgell
3. Anne Sexton
4. Grant Morrison
5. Neil Gaiman
6. V. C. Andrews (because she does. I have a twisted soul and she's part of why.)
7. Marian Zimmer Bradley
8. GRRM

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me through 800 posts. It means a lot that you like to read my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment