Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cool Air for the Summer

With three days left until the end of the month, we finally had to break down and turn on the AC. We really didn't have much of a choice. It was 6 PM and still over 100 with a heat index of 115. We both looked fairly drained and the cats were giving us the stare of passive/aggressive death. It was time.

Of course, I wish I would have realizes that 'it would be time' a few days ago, so I could have taken the proper steps needed for the AC. We'd basically closed up the house before I came back into the living room and realized we still had curtains over the AC unit. Once those were open, we realized it was filthy. My roommate cleaned it with wet wipes and a mascara brush, but more cleaning is going to have to happen tomorrow.

Even though I've more or less done my best to brave the heat up to this point, I have to admit I was very happy to have cool air again. Actually, even better than being cool was being in a room that was dry. The humidity has been horrible and it was nice to just bask in air that didn't feel like soup. It did good things for the cats as well. Even Crazy Rhiannon came into the living room to socialize. I was happy about that, because she's been running around just acting insane for the better part of three weeks now.

According to the weather report, which can occasionally be evil and full of lies, we're only supposed to have a couple of days of horrible heat. Past that, it is supposed to be in the low 90s/mid80s again. This would be nice, because the less we use the AC, of course the better off we are financially. At the same time, we're three days until July, so I can't expect things to be reasonable or cool for very much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment