Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

It rained today, which made it slightly less hot than it has been for the last several days. I was fairly miserable on Thursday and Friday, but the weekend was nice. Even despite the increase in heat, we've managed to keep our AC off. Half a month without AC should make a considerable difference in our usage for the month and an even more considerable difference in our average. I'd really love to knock a few more dollars off the average, because chances are, the rates will end up being raised in other ways. If that's the case, we need all the help we can get.

I've been doing better about things as far as my meds, eating, and physical activity goes. I won't say things are perfect, because in the summer, it's difficult for me to consider things to be perfect, but they are better. I'm trying to learn some new stuff as well, which I'll blog about at a later date.

It's Father's Day. I called my dad and talked to him for a few minutes. We're not close anymore, but that doesn't hurt the way it used to. Sometimes I think that my ability to get past people stems from the pain of realizing that my father and I would never really be that close. He doesn't value me like he does my brother. I'm strange and fat and have no children for him to like. He doesn't understand me. All of this used to hurt a lot, but I suppose I've gotten used to it.  Maybe the occasional phone call is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment