Friday, December 23, 2016

43

Today is my birthday. Does everyone get really emotional on their birthday or is it just me? Anyway, there are certain things I want to do with 43.

1. I would like to read more. I used to read so many books and now, that just doesn't happen like it used to. I want to start reading more. There are tons of books I really, really want to read (or reread) and I keep putting it off. I want this year to be a year full of books.

2. I want to continue to rehab my body. I want to get stronger and have better balance. Most of all, I want to be in less pain. The best way to get out of pain is to work on healing my body with rehab stuff.

3. I want to make beautiful things. I want to continuously work on something and have a lot of finished products by this time next year.

4. I want to experience beautiful things. A few days ago, a friend of mine and I were at the park. I watched the sunset on the lake and it was truly glorious. I want to take note of the beauty that happens around me.

5. I want to learn some new skills. The internet can be an amazing teaching tool. I want to learn new things about my chosen crafts in  the coming year.

6. I want to watch at least one concert a week. I love live music, but due to mobility issues and lack of funds, I really can't go to concerts. However, NPR has a whole series of live shows on their Youtube station. I want to watch at least one concert every week.

There are other things as well, but I'm thinking if I can accomplish these, those things may fall into place. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment