Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Good Things

So this is the last month of a weird year. This year has brought a lot of pain and misery to people, down to the fact that all the December holidays are falling on the weekend. Uggh.

However, in the spirit of trying to be a little positive here, I'm going to list the things I have gained this year, even if some of them came at a cost.

  • I have a new fridge! I couldn't afford it and I certainly didn't want to replace it, but hey! Here we are! It was a bitch to get it delivered and into the house. It was a bitch to get the ice maker to work. And yes, I know I'm still complaining. I'll stop. New fridge!
  • I have new gas pipes. Again, didn't plan  that, but here they are. No one died in the gas leak and the new pipes should last a long while. Yay.
  • I have a different car. No complaining here at all. I love Blair. She's the best.
  • I have a new ottoman and it has storage! That means there are more places for me to put yarn.
  • I learned some new knitting techniques. I won't say I mastered them yet, but I learned them and actually enjoy doing them and feel confident about them.
  • I don't have to go to the cancer doctor for a whole year! There is no end to how happy that makes me. 
  • We will be ending the year with all the cats and all the humans alive. Something to always be celebrated. 
On a more pessimistic note, I really hope I don't look back at this post in two weeks and think about what a fool I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment