Monday, December 26, 2016

The Day After

My roommate and I are both trying to get sick. We don't want to get sick, but our bodies are doing their best to make us that way. My throat and ears are killing me. I'm sure it's a combo of the warm weather and general exhaustion.

I'm going to miss seeing my Christmas cards when we take them down. I've really enjoyed them this year.  We got a lot of beautiful ones. Our minimal decorations have always been a favorite aspect of the holidays for me, but I have to admit I enjoy how the cards add to it.

George Michael died and that is weird and sad. I was never a huge fan of his music, though one just admit the pop success of his solo work did a lot to shape the 80s. The man had a killer voice

Moreover, I admire his bravery. Michael was a victim of the kind of 'hee hee, he's GAY' witch hunts that happened during the later part of the 80s and into the 90s. Like so many other people, he had to pretend to be straight when he most certainly was not. When he finally came out on his own terms, it was a relief and a triumph.You have to wonder what he could have accomplished if he lived in a more open society the whole of his life.

Rest in Peace, George, you beautiful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment