Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Cards on the Wall

I think my arm scar may be doing a little more healing. It's been a very, very slow process with that scar, but occasionally, I'll notice a slight bit more of it has flattened out. It's always nice when that happens.

Today was a good day. I saw a dear friend I'd not seen in months and months. We stay caught up on social media, but it was good to see her in person again. It really made my day! Plus, she gave my roommate and I cards to add to the small but fun collection of 2016 holiday cards. I always enjoy how they look on the mantle. Eventually, I'd like to do some kind of display with them.

My grandmother used to put her cards in the kitchen. She would place them on the wall railing. I always loved this because it added so much color to the usual yellow of the walls. We can't do that because we have too much stuff along the wall already . . . and a lot of it heats up.

It's a memory about my grandmother that I will always cherish. She could be so dour about so many things, but when she added color or beauty to something, it always caught my attention. I'm thankful she gave that memory to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment