Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Thankful

I live a quiet life. I spend most of my time in my head or talking to my friends. For the most part, my time is my own. I do not wake up obligated to others. I do not wake up in fear. I am deeply, deeply grateful for this.

I am deeply grateful for this because due to being AFAB, for most of history, I wouldn't have had the option to just live a happy, quiet life. Even in many countries around the world, I still would not have that option. All because of something that was not my choice. 

My body will not be affected if Roe v Wade is overturned. My reproductive parts have (again, thankfully) been removed. However, I want the life I have chosen, the quiet life where I get to just be beholden to myself and to friends, to be a choice all people can make if they do desire it.

I do not understand why it threatens others when people choose to just live without children or marriage. I do not understand why it threatens others when people opt for a life of quiet and simplicity. If the traditional path brings you happiness, awesome for you. It would have never brought joy to me. The life I have is where my joy is found. 

Why would you want to take away joy from others?

No comments:

Post a Comment