Wednesday, May 18, 2022

The Appointment

My plan for how to handle the appointment didn't go as I wanted, but it was okay. The people there were patient and kind to me. They worked with me and let me take my time. It really meant a lot.

There is a mirror that covers half the wall in the appointment room. I could see myself the way they see me. Haggard. Old. Fatternhell. It wasn't a pretty sight, but at least they were kind to it. 

Even though things went well, I was still pretty exhausted when we left. I slept for several hours when we got home. 

I wrote my first Maglor chapter for Damage Done. It was pretty enlightening. He's miserable and complains a lot and says some stuff in his misery that really hurts his wife. I didn't realize that in this AU, he would be such a, well typical self-centered musician, but I guess that makes sense.

I knew we needed to get that letter from Melkor delivered. The clear choice was Thuringwethil. I didn't even think that much about it at first...then Maglor started reacting to her. Suddenly I had an unexpected ship on my hands...which is fun!

I really like his wife, but I always knew they'd be estranged. I just didn't realize things would start falling apart so quickly. But here we are!

I am completely sticking with this. It adds an intense dynamic to Maglor when it comes to the attack on Doriath. He won't just be trying to get the Silmaril back. He's also avenging Thuri. 

No comments:

Post a Comment