Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In Which Simple Tasks become Festering Shitholes

Somehow I managed not to blog last night. I'm not sure how that happened. I wanted to blog, but ended up just listening to music and then not sleeping well.  It's hot and my mind is in dark places so sleep is alluding me. It does that sometimes.

I'm not sure if it's the Mom Thing or what, but my anxiety is on full swing lately. I keep having heebegeebies and itches. Several times today, I've had to talk myself out of panic fits, basically over nothing. I managed to stay rational, but it wasn't easy.  I'm glad therapy has taught me some basic ways to handle this stuff.

I'm also in a mental/emotional quagmire.  There is an item, a rather simple item that broke.  I asked my roommate to pick up another one, thinking this would be no big deal.  However, the item in question is something no longer carried by the ONLY STORE in town that used to carry it. So now obtaining said item is going to require either a trip to the larger town 20 miles away or the internet.

No matter which way we go, suddenly the simple replacement of this item has become A THING.   It's no longer easy and it's really no longer inexpensive because either gas money will be spent or there will be shipping charges. Fucking hell, I'm so pissed off at the local store over this. I'm not even sure if it's worth it now.

Anyway, I think I'm getting tired now so I'm going to try and sleep.  Hopefully tomorrow will be less anxiety-driven and more inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment